FACT: EVERY DAY NATIONALLY THERE ARE 20 CHIMNEY FIRES.
Prevention is far better than cure. So ask yourself these questions:
- Does your fire struggle to light?
- Can you see or smell smoke?
- Was your chimney swept over 12 months ago?
- Can you see or hear soot falling?
- Are there damp patches or staining on your chimney breast?
If the answer if yes to any of these questions, for your safety we strongly advise you get your chimney swept.
Recommended sweeping frequencies:
- Smokeless Fuel – at least once a year
- Wood – once a season
- Bituminous Coal – twice a year
- Oil – once a year
- Gas – once a year
Remember – BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!